World Food Program fears more Yemen deaths amid blockade

World Food Program fears more Yemen deaths amid blockade
Mon Nov 20, 2017 13:06:26

The head of the World Food Program says millions in Yemen face the risk of more deaths as aid deliveries cannot get to the needy because the blockade by the Saudi-led coalition is still in place.

(AP) -- Stephen Anderson says it's "heartbreaking" that millions depend on sustained access to humanitarian aid. Of a population of 26 million, some 17 million Yemenis do not know where their next meal is coming from and 7 million are totally dependent on food assistance.

Anderson told The Associated Press from Sanaa that humanitarian flights to northern, Houthi-held part of Yemen have been grounded amid the blockade imposed by the coalition. The kingdom last week said it will reverse its closure of all Yemen's ports, after wide international criticism.


(Image: wpf)

string(366) "[{"id":"3146581","sort":"10621321","contenttypeid":"21","pic":"151055207438478100.jpg","title":"'Only God can save us': Yemen blockade may cause world's largest famine in decades "} ,{"id":"1959660","sort":"10621326","contenttypeid":"21","pic":"/2017/04/27/alalam_636289038739645226_25f_4x3.jpg","title":"A Cry for Help: Millions Facing Famine in War-Torn Yemen"} ]"

Post your comment

Ramaining Characters : (1000)