Erdogan: Istanbul Blasts Aimed to Maximize Casualties

Erdogan: Istanbul Blasts Aimed to Maximize Casualties
Sun Dec 11, 2016 14:39:42

After two blasts rocked Istanbul on Saturday night, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan issued a statement, saying the incident was a terrorist attack aimed to kill a maximum number of people.

ALALAM Europe

The organizers of explosions in the center of Istanbul, in which up to 29 people were killed, aimed for a maximum number of victims, Erdogan said Sunday.

“We have become witnesses of heinous face of terror. It is clear that the aim of the terrorist attack, which had occurred right after the Besiktas – Bursaspor match, was the maximum number of casualties. Unfortunately, it resulted in deaths and injuries,” Erdogan said in a statement, Sputnik reported.

Earlier in the day, Turkish Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu said that the blasts took place late on Saturday at 22:30 local time [7:30 pm GMT] in the central Besiktas district of the city.

They occurred near the Vodafone Arena over an hour after a football match concluded at the stadium. According to the minister, one of the blasts was allegedly carried out by a suicide bomber, Tasnim reported.

212

Category:
string(414) "[{"id":"1895625","sort":"3680742","contenttypeid":"21","pic":"/2016/12/11/alalam_636170445338882605_25f_4x3.mp4","title":"SHOCKING VIDEO Shows Moment of Terrifying Istanbul Blast Caught on Camera"} ,{"id":"1895620","sort":"3680743","contenttypeid":"21","pic":"/2016/12/11/alalam_636170431160290174_25f_4x3.mp4","title":"Deadly Twin Bomb Attack Kills, Injures near 200 People in Turkish City of Istanbul + VIDEO"} ]"