US Withdraws B-1 Lancer Bombers from Operations against ISIS

US Withdraws B-1 Lancer Bombers from Operations against ISIS
Sat Feb 20, 2016 22:01:11

The US Air Force has pulled its B-1 Lancer bombers from the operations against ISIS in Syria and Iraq, The US Lt. Gen. Charles Brown Jr. revealed.

Brown told reporters at the Pentagon via a video link obtained by IraqiNews.com, “The fleet of B-1 Lancer bombers had been sent back to the United States from their deployment in the Mideast,” adding that, “The four-engine bombers are due for upgrades to their cockpits, a process that will keep the jets stateside for an undetermined amount of time.”

Brown also pointed out, “The air campaign against ISIS will continue and the B-1s will likely be part of it again,” indicating that, “Other US and coalition aircraft would pick up the B-1s’ missions during the upgrades.”

219-12

Category:
string(377) "[{"id":"1790736","sort":"3497296","contenttypeid":"21","pic":"/2016/02/18/alalam_635914094661450374_25f_4x3.jpg","title":"US-Led Coalition Airstrikes Kill 15 Civilians in Syria"} ,{"id":"1788604","sort":"3497297","contenttypeid":"21","pic":"/2016/02/12/alalam_635908755770196381_25f_4x3.jpg","title":"NATO May Join US-Led Coalition in Syria, Iraq: US Defense Secretary Says"} ]"