Burkina – Attack – Hotel

French PM: Three Al-Qaeda Burkina Faso Attack Suspects Still at Large

French PM: Three Al-Qaeda Burkina Faso Attack Suspects Still at Large
Tue Jan 19, 2016 20:00:56

A terrorist attack on a top Burkina Faso hotel was carried out by six gunmen, three of whom are still on the run, French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said Tuesday.

“Six individuals opened fire on the Cappuccino cafe before taking refuge in the Splendid hotel” in Friday’s attack in the capital Ouagadougou, Valls told parliament.

“Three were killed and three are still being sought,” he said.

Burkina Faso had not made public the number of assailants in the attack that left 30 people dead, many of them foreigners.

Authorities in Ouagadougou said the bodies of three assailants had been identified, but several witnesses have said they saw more than three attackers.

Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) on Monday named three gunmen involved in the assault.

It published photos of the three young gunmen dressed in military fatigues and wielding weapons, identifying them as Battar al-Ansari, Abu Muhammad al-Buqali al-Ansari and Ahmed al-Fulani al-Ansari, AFP reported.

S/SH

Category:
string(390) "[{"id":"1779572","sort":"3478795","contenttypeid":"21","pic":"/2016/01/16/alalam_635885333614382359_25f_4x3.jpg","title":"VIDEO: At Least 30 Dead, Dozens Wounded in Al-Qaida Attack in Burkina Faso"} ,{"id":"1740588","sort":"3478796","contenttypeid":"21","pic":"/2015/09/20/alalam_635783434515217860_25f_4x3.jpg","title":"At Least 10 Dead, 113 Injured in Violence Since Burkina Faso Coup"} ]"