Syrian Army Establishes Control over 90 Percent of Menyan District in Aleppo

Syrian Army Establishes Control over 90 Percent of Menyan District in Aleppo
Wed Nov 9, 2016 18:50:06

Field sources have said on Wednesday that Syrian Army soldiers have continued to advance in Menyan Southwest of Aleppo city and have already captured over 90 percent of the district.

"Army soldiers have liberated over 90 percent of Menyan while fierce clashes are underway to take back the remaining 10 percent," the sources said.

"Simultaneous with the recapture of Housing Project 1070 and al-Hikmah School, other units of the army are expanding control over the Western part of Aleppo city, including large parts of Menyan," they added.

"In the meantime, army soldiers are engaged in fierce clashes with the terrorists in Zahiyeh al-Assad and Jam'iyat al-Zahra districts in Western Aleppo and have inflicted major losses on them," the sources went on to say.

Reports said earlier today that Syrian Army soldiers pushed terrorists back from more positions in the Southern parts of Aleppo city and captured al-Hikmah School following hours of fierce clashes.

"After the liberation of Housing Project 1070 and Tal al-Rakaham and Tal al-Moa'ta hills that extended the security ring around the Aleppo Military Academy Buildings on Tuesday, the Syrian army continued to storm the terrorists' positions in the Southern part of Aleppo city and freed al-Hikmah School," the sources said.

"The al-Rashedeen 4 and 5 districts are under the pro-government troops' fire control and have fallen to the government fighters in military terms," they said, adding that the army troops are very much likely to start an offensive soon to impose full control over the two regions.


string(1146) "[{"id":"1882120","sort":"3660597","contenttypeid":"21","pic":"/2016/11/07/alalam_636141031165058349_25f_4x3.mp4","title":"VIDEO: US and Israeli-Made Missiles Found in Khan Sheikh in Syria"} ,{"id":"1882389","sort":"3660598","contenttypeid":"21","pic":"/2016/11/07/alalam_636141442584114371_25f_4x3.jpg","title":"Liberation of Aleppo Resolves Conflict in Syria: Syrian FM"} ,{"id":"1882462","sort":"3660599","contenttypeid":"21","pic":"/2016/11/08/alalam_636141899916644854_25f_4x3.mp4","title":"VIDEO: Kurdish Fighters Preparing for Assault against ISIS Militants in Syria’s Raqqa"} ,{"id":"1882577","sort":"3660600","contenttypeid":"21","pic":"/2016/11/08/alalam_636142052740756908_25f_4x3.mp4","title":"SYRIA VIDEO: Warplanes Pound Terrorists' Positions near Deir Ezzur"} ,{"id":"1883269","sort":"3660601","contenttypeid":"21","pic":"/2016/11/09/alalam_636142915588970016_25f_4x3.jpg","title":"Hashd Al-Shaabi Cuts off ISIS's Mosul-Syria Access Route"} ,{"id":"1883410","sort":"3660602","contenttypeid":"21","pic":"/2016/11/09/alalam_636143122154029536_25f_4x3.jpg","title":"Is President Trump Means End of US support for Rebels in Syria?"} ]"