SDF Fighters Recapture More Lands from ISIS Militants in Aleppo’s Manbij

SDF Fighters Recapture More Lands from ISIS Militants in Aleppo’s Manbij
Thu Aug 4, 2016 17:33:25

The Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) freed more ISIS-occupied regions at the Center of Manbij city in Northeastern Aleppo.

After heavy clashes with the ISIL terrorists which still continue sporadically, the Kurdish forces could retake al-Haal Market and al-Sana'a district in Central Manbij on Thursday.

The breakthrough helped the SDF forces to move towards al-Sour school and al-Tal district in the Eastern parts of al-Haal Market and al-Basetah village which were later liberated from the militants.

On Wednesday, the SDF significantly advanced against the ISIS in two Central districts of Manbij, Kurdish sources said, adding that the ISIL has suffered a heavy death toll in the clashes.

"Tough battles are underway between the SDF fighter and ISIL terrorists in two districts of al-Qassaneh and Sheikh Aqil," the sources said.

"A main base of ISIS has been destroyed in al-Qassaneh and five terrorists have thus far been killed in Sheikh Aqil," the sources added.

"In the meantime, the SDF launched mop-up operation in the village of Jubb al-Nashameh in Southern side of Manbij, discovering al large volume of arms and ammunition in the Takfiri terrorists' strongholds," they went on to say.

Reports said yesterday that the SDF combatants had beaten ISIL back from more than 80 percent of Manbij in Northeastern Aleppo and are now engaged in an intense battle to take back the remaining 20 percent.

"The SDF has continued its advances against ISIS in Central part of Manbij and meantime has evacuated over 50,000 civilians from the war-hit town to safer region," sources said.

"ISIL cannot use people as human shield because the SDF fighters have prioritized evacuation of civilians to have faster advances against terrorists," they added, FNA reported.

219-11

Category:
string(1167) "[{"id":"1844924","sort":"3598098","contenttypeid":"21","pic":"/2016/07/30/alalam_636055015130658184_25f_4x3.mp4","title":"VIDEO: SDF Smashes ISIL, on Verge of Full Liberation of Manbij in Aleppo"} ,{"id":"1846196","sort":"3598099","contenttypeid":"21","pic":"/2016/08/03/alalam_636058159557459937_25f_4x3.jpg","title":"MAP: Only 30% of Manbij on the Hand of Daesh, SDF Offensives Continuous"} ,{"id":"1844504","sort":"3598100","contenttypeid":"21","pic":"/2016/07/29/alalam_636054096751229089_25f_4x3.jpg","title":"35 ISIS Terrorists Killed in Fighting With SDF in Mabij of Aleppo"} ,{"id":"1842921","sort":"3598101","contenttypeid":"21","pic":"/2016/07/25/alalam_636050687023530649_25f_4x3.jpg","title":"Kurdish Fighters Send More Forces to Manbij to Join SDF’s Operation against Daesh"} ,{"id":"1841025","sort":"3598102","contenttypeid":"21","pic":"/2016/07/20/alalam_636046266366687696_25f_4x3.jpg","title":"In SDF Mop-Up Operation in Parts of Aleppo 26 Daesh Terrorists Killed"} ,{"id":"1841019","sort":"3598103","contenttypeid":"21","pic":"/2016/07/20/alalam_636046256985888888_25f_4x3.jpg","title":"SDF Destroys ISIS Main Military Operation Room in Manbij"} ]"