Iran’s Foreign Ministry Condemns Terrorist Blast in Turkey

Iran’s Foreign Ministry Condemns Terrorist Blast in Turkey
Tue Jul 21, 2015 13:36:16

Iran’s Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Marziyeh Afkham strongly denounced the recent terrorist attack in Turkey's southeastern city of Suruc near the Syrian border, which killed at least 30 people and sent over 100 others to the hospital on Monday, Al-Alam News Network reports.

Strongly censuring the attack, Afkham on Monday condoled with the Turkish government and nation, particularly the bereaved families of the victims.

“This criminal act of terrorism once again showed that perpetrators of such incidents are not committed to any principle and will spare no effort to achieve their inhumane objectives,” she said.

The Iranian spokeswoman further reiterated that her country’s “administration believes that blind terrorism is a serious threat to the region.”

Initial investigations suggest that the ISIL (Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant) Takfiri terrorist group was behind Monday's deadly bombing in Suruc, Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said.

Suruc is just across the border from the Syrian city of Kobane, the scene of fierce battles between Kurdish groups and the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant terrorist group.
Kobane was the ISIL's biggest defeat last year since the militants established control over large swathes of Iraq and Syria. The city has become a symbol of Kurdish resistance.

string(353) "[{"id":"1722447","sort":"3383969","contenttypeid":"21","pic":"/2015/07/21/alalam_635730822130150085_25f_4x3.jpg","title":"Video: The Moment of Blast at Turkish Cultural Center"} ,{"id":"1722120","sort":"3383970","contenttypeid":"21","pic":"/2015/07/20/alalam_635730044171572434_25f_4x3.jpg","title":"27 Killed in Explosion at Turkish Cultural Center"} ]"